Friday, January 25, 2013

Why do I want to teach Yoga Therapy?

First of all, Why do I want to teach yoga? I love sharing yoga with others. The immense satisfaction I get from the faces when class is done and my fellow humans walk away relaxed, calm and relieved. That is just the instant benefits from yoga, what about long term benefits? My personal experience has been improved mood, sense of balance, improved confidence, more energy, anger management, better sleep and less negative reaction to life's challenges! That's a lot for a little daily commitment to the mat.
So Why Yoga Therapy? The implementations that Yoga has to offer can be endless and a life long process. With a little guidance from a Yoga Therapist one can create specific goals or focus on specific challenges for him/her. Yoga Therapy is the tool of yoga being used for therapy. Therapy for alleviating or healing numerous things. Just to name a few.... depression, anger management, weight loss, pain, chronic pain, anxiety, asthma, aids, cancer, diabetes, IBS, PMS, eating disorders, heart disease, menopause, migraines, trauma and body injuries. Yoga Therapy uses yoga and focuses it for the individual/group.
If I can assist in helping others to the road of a healthy, happy and better them, then why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment